Central Hindu School
Central Hindu School (CHS), Varanasi is one of the best and largest schools in India and is affiliated with the C.B.S.E. It is located at Kamachha (called the heart of the holy city, Varanasi) Varanasi and offers education to the students of all the cultures. It has good resources such as well qualified faculties, laboratory, long sarga hall for prayer, two-floored library, largest playground of Purvanchal and other so many facilities.
It is associated with the CBSE and fully administered by the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and Senior High School (Pre University Course). Students of the CHS could later join the BHU for their further undergraduate courses.
CHS Admission Form 2021
Dear students, the forms for CHS 2021-2022 session, will be live in the month of February. Students who are interested in taking admission can check varanasi.org.in. for all updates because the details of 2021-2022 session will be updated soon.
CHS Admission Form 2020
Here are the details of the CHS online application form for the admission in 2020-2021 session. You can get more details from bhuonline.in, but few of them are here.
- The application form is available online from 20th February, 2020.
- The last date for submitting online application forms is 21st March, 2020.
- You can make corrections if there is any mistake in your online application form from 23rd March to 28th March 2020.
- You can download an online Admit Card for the entrance exam from the 11th of April 2020 onwards till the examination date.
Dates of School Entrance Test (SET) 2020
- Date of exam for Class 11th (Arts & Commerce) is 1st of May 2020, Friday from 8 AM to 10 AM.
- Date of exam for Class 11th (Biology) is 2nd of May 2020, Saturday from 8 AM to 10 AM.
- Date of exam for Class 11th (Maths) is 4th of May 2020, Monday from 8 AM to 10 AM.
- Date of exam for Class 9th is 5th of May 2020, Tuesday from 8 AM to 10 AM.
- Date of exam for Class 6th is 6th of May 2020, Wednesday from 8 AM to 10 AM.
- Provisional Answer Key will be uploaded on 18th of May 2020 and candidates can register their challenge on 23rd May 2020 by 8 PM. Whereas the final Answer Key will be uploaded on 26th of May 2020.
- The possible date of the result declaration is 5th of June 2020.
Counselling and Admission Dates for External Candidates
- Class 6th: 20th of June 2020, Saturday from 8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
- Class 9th: 22nd of June 2020, Monday from 8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
- Class 11th Maths: 23rd of June 2020, Tuesday from 8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
- Class 11th Biology: 24th of June 2020, Wednesday from 8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
- Class 11th Arts & Commerce: 25th of June 2020, Thursday from 8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
- Class 11th (for Paid Seats in CHBS Only): 26th of June 2020, Friday from 8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
PDF Downloads for more Details about SET-2020:
You can see more details such as eligibility requirements as per the classes, percentage of marks requirements in entrance test for admission, no. of available seats for different classes, syllabus for entrance test, reservations for different categories, method of selection, how to fill and submit online application form, entrance test fee, admit card and many more details from the given below pdf link:
BHU Official Helpline: 085745 87668 / 070541 23586 / 094151 34225
Reservation as per candidates
The following seat reservations are there for admission of the candidates as stated by the BHU EC resolution (29/30 March 1996):
- 15% seat reservation for Schedule Caste candidates.
- 7.5% seat reservation for Schedule Tribe candidates.
- 3% seat reservation for physically challenged candidates.
- 50% seat reservation for the sons and daughters of permanent employees of BHU.
* DISCLAIMER: All the information given here is taken from BHU official website bhuonline.in and bhu.ac.in, please confirm from these official websites. Our purpose is just to provide information. We do not hold any responsibilities for any mistake or error.
Publications by the Central Hindu College
Sanatana Dharma is a book on the Hindu Religion and Ethics published by The Board of Trustees of Central Hindu College in 1903.
History of the CHS School
Founder of the CHS, Varanasi was the freedom fighter, the (July 1898) with Dr. Arthur Richardson. Under graduation, classes were run as a loaner for BHU. The charge of the CHS was then handed over to the Hindu University Society on 27th November of 1915. By a notification issued by the Government, in October 1917, the CHS became a constituent college of the university by the government notification.
In 1917 George Arundale had joined the CHS as a history teacher and afterward, he became the head of school.
Why CHS is One of the Best Schools
It will be not wrong if I give the title of the best school to CHS just because of the education quality and other development classes. It has the best faculty for science as well as commerce. It is quite tough to get admission in this school and each and every student has to give an entrance test and this brings the same kinds of students together. In other schools, a class contains all kinds of students but a group of bright students will always have better company and will also perform well. This is the reason why I like this school the most and apart from my personal views, the faculty is really very nice and cooperative. The focus on the overall development of a student and most of the students are successfully posted on higher positions.
Main Entry Gate
This is the upper anterior view of the main entry gate of the central Hindu Boys School, affiliated to the Banaras Hindu University. It is a copy of the main entry gate of the BHU at the Lanka.
This is the lower anterior view of the main entry gate of the central Hindu Boys School. It indicates its quality and reputation of the school in a clean and calm environment.
This is the upper anterior view of the entry gate of the CHS boys school in the Varanasi. A speaker is there in the upper small room for messaging purposes to all.
Central Hindu Boys School
Central Hindu School in Varanasi for the Boys was founded by Dr. Annie Besant in the year 1898 and is affiliated to the CBSE board, New Delhi for the examinations of the Secondary School. Central Hindu School for the boys is located at Kamachha, Varanasi opposite the State Bank of India. The school provides extra facilities other than school level subjects.
There are different extracurricular activities for students like N.C.C, sports, and inter-school competitions like debate, quiz, and many more. The medium of the school is both Hindi and English. At the Central Hindu Boys School, education is being provided for all the levels like primary, secondary, and senior secondary levels.
Central Hindu Boys School, 28-29, Kamachha (opposite to the State Bank Of India), Varanasi 221010
Contact No.: 0542-2450541, 0542-2450549
Map of Central Hindu Boys School
Central Hindu Girls School
Central Hindu School in Varanasi for the girls was founded by the Maharaja Ranveer Singh in the year 1904. It is also affiliated with the CBSE board, New Delhi for the examinations of the Secondary School. The school provides education to the students, of all the levels like primary, secondary, and senior secondary levels, in both mediums such as Hindi and English. Extracurricular facilities are also available for girls’ in the school.
Central Hindu Girls School, Kamachha, Kamachha, Varanasi – 221001
Contact no.: 0542-2398710
Map of Central Hindu Girls School
Other Schools in Varanasi
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The admission forms get available in February every year and you can fill the form through the official site of BHU CHS and have to give an entrance test. After qualifying for this entrance test there will be a cut-off released and as per your marks in the entrance test, you will get admission to the school.
Ans. Soon in February, the forms will be available on the official website of BHU CHS.
Ans. Yes, there is a hostel available for girls as well as boys, and are allotted as per the merit list.