Central Hindu School
Central Hindu School (CHS), Varanasi is one of the best and largest schools in India and is affiliated to the C.B.S.E. It is located at Kamachha (called as the heart of the holy city, Varanasi) Varanasi and offer education to the students of all the cultures. It has good resources such as well qualified faculties, laboratory, long sarga hall for prayer, two floored library, largest playground of Purvanchal and other so many facilities.
It is associated with the CBSE and fully administered by the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and Senior High School (Pre University Course). Students of the CHS could later join the BHU for their further undergraduate courses.
CHS School Admission 2016-17 for Nursery Class
Application forms for the admission in nursery class at Central Hindu School, Rajiv Gandhi South Campus, Barkachha, Mirzapur for the session of 2016-17 are available. Dates are as follow:
- Application forms are available for the students of all castes (General (for Rs-150), SC/ST (for Rs-50)) from 1st March 2016 to 15th March 2016 from 11 am to 1 pm at all working days. You can get application forms at the office of school.
- The date of submission of application forms is 1st March 2016 to 16th March 2016 from 11 am to 1 pm at all working days.
- The date of lottery for admission is 29th March 2016 between 10 am to 12 pm.
- Admission process for the session 2016-2017 will be based on lottery according to the session 2015-2016.
- Parents need to submit fully filled application form with photo copy of attested birth certificate of student issued by Nagar Nigam.
- Students of castes SC/ST need to submit attested caste certificate.
- Students need to submit LTC cell certificate (whose parents are permanent BHU employees).
- The number of total seats are 35, out of which 50% seats are reserved for permanent BHU employees, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 3% for Handicapped.
- Age of students should be between 4 to 5 years on 1st April 2016.
- The place of getting application form, submission of application form and lottery will be Central Hindu School, Rajiv Gandhi South Campus, BHU, Barkachha, Mirzapur (UP).
You can see complete details at: http://bhu.ac.in/wus/internet/uploadedfiles/0/NOT20160301115542.pdf
CHS School Admission 2016-17 for Classes 6th, 9th and 11th
There is a good news for the students waiting for the application forms of SET, as their wait has been over. Application forms for the school entrance test (SET) for admission in classes 6th, 9th and 11th standard at Central Hindu School, BHU Varanasi will be available at bhuonline.in from 15.03.2016; however the last date of submitting online application forms will be 14.04.2016.
Following are the details regarding online admit card, dates of entrance test, date of result declaration, counselling and Admission:
- Students can get online admit card for the entry to the entrance test from 5th of May 2016 onward till examination date.
- Dates of Entrance Test are as follows according to the classes:
- For class VI (6th): 16th of May 2016 from 8 AM to 10 AM.
- For class IX (9th): 18th of May 2016 from 8 AM to 10 AM.
- For class XI (11th) Maths: 19th of May 2016 from 8 AM to 10 AM.
- For class XI (11th) Biology: 20th of May 2016 from 8 AM to 10 AM.
- For class XI (11th) Arts & Commerce: 21st of May 2016 from 8 AM to 10 AM.
3. The date of SET-2016 result declaration will be 16th of Jun 2016.
4. The dates of counselling/admission for the candidates who have successfully passed the entrance test:
- For class VI (6th): 21st of Jun 2016 from 8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
- For class IX (9th): 22nd of Jun 2016 from 8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
- For class XI (11th) Maths: 23rd of Jun 2016 from 8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
- For class XI (11th) Biology: 24th of Jun 2016 from 8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
- For class XI (11th) Arts & Commerce: 25th of Jun 2016 from 8.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
BHU Official Helpline: 085745 87668 / 070541 23586 / 094151 34225
Reservation as per candidates
The following seat reservations are there for admission of the candidates as stated by the BHU EC resolution (29/30 March, 1996):
- 15% seat reservation for Schedule Caste candidates.
- 7.5% seat reservation for Schedule Tribe candidates.
- 3% seat reservation for physically challenged candidates.
- 50% seat reservation for the sons and daughters of permanent employees of BHU.
* DISCLAIMER : All the information given here are taken from BHU official website bhuonline.in and bhu.ac.in , please confirm from these official website. Our purpose is just to provide information. We does not hold any responsibilities for any mistake or error.
Publications by the Central Hindu College
Sanatana Dharma is a book on the Hindu Religion and Ethics published by The Board of Trustees of Central Hindu College in 1903.
History of the CHS School
Founder of the CHS, Varanasi was the freedom fighter, the Annie Besant (July 1898) with the Dr. Arthur Richardson. Under graduation classes were run as a loaner for BHU. The charge of the CHS was then handed over to the Hindu University Society on 27th November of 1915. By a notification issued by the Government, in October 1917, the CHS became a constituent college of the university by the government notification.
In 1917 George Arundale had joined the CHS as a history teacher and afterward he became the head of school.
Main Entry Gate
This is the upper anterior view of the main entry gate of the central Hindu Boys School, affiliated to the Banaras Hindu University. It is the copy of the main entry gate of the BHU at the Lanka.
This is the lower anterior view of the main entry gate of the central Hindu Boys School. It indicates its quality and reputation of the school with the clean and calm environment.
This is the upper anterior view of the entry gate of the CHS boys school in the Varanasi. A speaker is there in the upper small room for the messaging purposes to all.
Central Hindu Boys School
Central Hindu School in Varanasi for the Boys was founded by the Dr. Annie Besant in the year 1898 and is affiliated to the CBSE board, New Delhi for the examinations of the Secondary School. Central Hindu School for the boys is located at Kamachha, Varanasi opposite to the State Bank of India. The school provides extra facilities other than school level subjects. The extracurricular activities for the students are different wings of N.C.C., sports, inter-school competitions in debate, quiz and many more. The medium of the school is both Hindi and English. At the Central Hindu Boys School, the education is being provided for all the levels like primary, secondary and senior secondary levels.
Central Hindu Boys School, 28-29, Kamachha (opposite to the State Bank Of India), Varanasi 221010
Contact No.: 0542-2450541, 0542-2450549
Map of Central Hindu Boys School
Central Hindu Girls School
Central Hindu School in Varanasi for the girls was founded by the Maharaja Ranveer Singh in the year 1904. It is also affiliated to the CBSE board, New Delhi for the examinations of the Secondary School. The school provides education to the students, of all the levels like primary, secondary and senior secondary levels, in both mediums such as Hindi and English. Extracurricular facilities are also provided to the girls students by the school.
Central Hindu Girls School, Kamachha, Kamachha, Varanasi – 221001
Contact no.: 0542-2398710
Map of Central Hindu Girls School
Other Schools in Varanasi