Central Hindu School
Central Hindu School (CHS), Varanasi is one of the best and largest schools in India and is affiliated to the C.B.S.E. It is located at Kamachha (called as the heart of the holy city, Varanasi) Varanasi and offer education to the students of all the cultures. It has good resources such as well qualified faculties, laboratory, long sarga hall for prayer, two floored library, largest playground of Purvanchal and other so many facilities.
It is associated with the CBSE and fully administered by the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and Senior High School (Pre University Course). Students of the CHS could later join the BHU for their further undergraduate courses.
CHS School Admission Form 2015-16 for Classes 9th and 11th
Dear students, you can get online admit card and details about dates of the school entrance test for the classes IX and XI for session 2015-16.
Online Admit Card for School Entrance Test
- Students can get online Admit Card for the school entrance test (SET) from – 9th of May 2015 to the examination date.
Dates of School Entrance Test for Classes 9th and 11th Standard
- Class IX (9th standard) on: 19th of May 2015 from 8 am – 10 am.
- Class XI (11th standard) Maths on: 20th of May 2015 from 8 am – 10 am.
- Class XI (11th standard) Biology on: 21st of May 2015 from 8 am – 10 am.
- Class XI (11th standard) Arts and Commerce on: 22nd of May 2015 from 8 am – 10 am.
SET Result Declaration
- The tentative date of SET result declaration is: 15th of June 2015.
Counselling and Admission
The tentative dates for counselling and admission of the candidates are:
- Class IX (9th standard) on: 23rd of June 2015.
- Class XI (11th standard) Maths on: 24th of June 2015.
- Class XI (11th standard) Biology on: 25th of June 2015.
- Class XI (11th standard) Arts and Commerce on: 26th of June 2015.
Timings of Counselling and Admission
- The timings of Counselling and Admission of 9th and 11th class students are: 8.00 am (morning) to 12.00 pm (afternoon).
BHU Official Helpline: 085745 87668 / 070541 23586 / 094151 34225
Reservation as per candidates
The following seat reservations are there for admission of the candidates as stated by the BHU EC resolution (29/30 March, 1996):
- 15% seat reservation for Schedule Caste candidates.
- 7.5% seat reservation for Schedule Tribe candidates.
- 3% seat reservation for physically challenged candidates.
- 50% seat reservation for the sons and daughters of permanent employees of BHU.
* DISCLAIMER : All the information given here are taken from BHU official website bhuonline.in and bhu.ac.in , please confirm from these official website. Our purpose is just to provide information. We does not hold any responsibilities for any mistake or error.
Publications by the Central Hindu College
Sanatana Dharma is a book on the Hindu Religion and Ethics published by The Board of Trustees of Central Hindu College in 1903.
History of the CHS School
Founder of the CHS, Varanasi was the freedom fighter, the Annie Besant (July 1898) with the Dr. Arthur Richardson. Under graduation classes were run as a loaner for BHU. The charge of the CHS was then handed over to the Hindu University Society on 27th November of 1915. By a notification issued by the Government, in October 1917, the CHS became a constituent college of the university by the government notification.
In 1917 George Arundale had joined the CHS as a history teacher and afterward he became the head of school.
Main Entry Gate
This is the upper anterior view of the main entry gate of the central Hindu Boys School, affiliated to the Banaras Hindu University. It is the copy of the main entry gate of the BHU at the Lanka.
This is the lower anterior view of the main entry gate of the central Hindu Boys School. It indicates its quality and reputation of the school with the clean and calm environment.
This is the upper anterior view of the entry gate of the CHS boys school in the Varanasi. A speaker is there in the upper small room for the messaging purposes to all.
Central Hindu Boys School
Central Hindu School in Varanasi for the Boys was founded by the Dr. Annie Besant in the year 1898 and is affiliated to the CBSE board, New Delhi for the examinations of the Secondary School. Central Hindu School for the boys is located at Kamachha, Varanasi opposite to the State Bank of India. The school provides extra facilities other than school level subjects. The extracurricular activities for the students are different wings of N.C.C., sports, inter-school competitions in debate, quiz and many more. The medium of the school is both Hindi and English. At the Central Hindu Boys School, the education is being provided for all the levels like primary, secondary and senior secondary levels.
Central Hindu Boys School, 28-29, Kamachha (opposite to the State Bank Of India), Varanasi 221010
Contact No.: 0542-2450541, 0542-2450549
Map of Central Hindu Boys School
Central Hindu Girls School
Central Hindu School in Varanasi for the girls was founded by the Maharaja Ranveer Singh in the year 1904. It is also affiliated to the CBSE board, New Delhi for the examinations of the Secondary School. The school provides education to the students, of all the levels like primary, secondary and senior secondary levels, in both mediums such as Hindi and English. Extracurricular facilities are also provided to the girls students by the school.
Central Hindu Girls School, Kamachha, Kamachha, Varanasi – 221001
Contact no.: 0542-2398710
Map of Central Hindu Girls School
Other Schools in Varanasi